Pieter Van Mulders
Contact Pieter Van Mulders
Atty Pieter Van Mulders graduated summa cum laude as a Licentiate in Law from the University of Ghent in 2005 and the following year, in 2006, also earned an LLM degree (Magister Juris) at the University of Oxford. From 2006 to the beginning of 2017 Pieter was active as Managing Associate in the Dispute Resolution department of the international (business) law firm Linklaters LLP in Brussels. In 2017 he joined our firm as Associate Partner Corporate Law.
Pieter heads our firm’s Corporate Law department. Pieter has extensive experience in corporate law in general and in national and cross-border commercial litigation in particular, covering a wide range of sectors and branches of the law, including distribution law, financial, banking and insurance law, general contract law and liability law. He counsels both national and international clients in the various areas of corporate law. He also supports them in procedures before national courts and tribunals and various community courts. Pieter handles files in Dutch, English and French.
A sampling from his broad experience:
- Assistance and representation of a municipal government institution in a liability proceeding against its Belgian banker;
- Assistance and representation of an international player in the health care sector in a proceeding concerning the termination of an exclusive sale concession;
- Assistance and representation of a private investor in a liability claim against its insurer concerning a Branch 23 insurance product;
- Assistance and representation of a Belgian investment group against all types of damage claims from competing companies;
- Assistance and representation in a wide range of proceedings on the exclusion and withdrawal of (co)shareholders;
- Assistance and representation in various post-acquisition claims;
- Negotiation and accompaniment of share sales (SPAs), including for an international player in the transport sector;
- Assistance and accompaniment in drafting all types of shareholders’ agreements, NDAs and cooperation agreements, including for a Belgian market leader in the paint sector.
Apart from his work, Pieter loves sports. Several times a week he can be spotted at the firm in his running outfit around lunchtime…
Publications (brief selection):
- P. Van Mulders, “Is er nog ruimte voor de vennootschapsrechtelijke geschillenregelingsprocedure in geval van faillissement?” [Is there still room for the company-law dispute resolution procedure in the event of bankruptcy?] (note under President of the Commercial Court of Leuven 12 November 2009), RABG 2010, 488.
- P. Van Mulders, “Het (laat)tijdig verzoek tot verlenging van de opschortingstermijn onder de WCO” [The (un)timely application for extension of the suspension period under the Continuity of Enterprises Act] (note under Commercial Court of Kortrijk 28 March 2012), RABG 2013, 221.
- P. Van Mulders and J. Verlinden, Belgium Chapter in the International Comparative Legal Guide to Class & Group Actions, 2016, 48-52.
- P. Van Mulders and J. Verlinden, Belgium Chapter in the legal guide Getting The Deal Through – Class actions, 2016, 15-18.